Log In | Contact Us| View Cart (0)
Browse: Collections Digital Content Subjects Creators Record Groups

Publisher and editorial board of Le Journal (The Journal), 1892 -- 1944 (1892 -- 1944) | Los Angeles Museum of the Holocaust

Name: Publisher and editorial board of Le Journal (The Journal), 1892 -- 1944 (1892 -- 1944)


Historical Note:

Le Journal (the Journal) was a Paris daily newspaper published from 1892 to 1944 in a small, four-page format.

It was founded and edited by Fernand Arthur Pierre Xau until 1899. It was bought and managed by the family of Henri Letellier in 1899 and became "the most Parisian, the most literary and the most boulevardier of the newspapers of Paris."

After the fall of Paris on June 14, 1940, it was published in Limoges, then in Marseille, then in Limoges again and finally in Lyon.






Page Generated in: 0.096 seconds (using 142 queries).
Using 6.36MB of memory. (Peak of 6.54MB.)

Powered by Archon Version 3.21 rev-3
Copyright ©2017 The University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign