Records Relating to Novyi Chas (The New Time), ... | Los Angeles Museum of the Holocaust
Novyi Chas (The New Time), Ukrainian periodical published in Lviv (Lwow) under unrelated political entities.
Publication commenced in Lviv in 1923 by the Ukrainian Military Organization (UVO). It was funded by Ukrainian Diaspora in the US and Canada. The periodical was under the editorship of Zenon Pelenskyi and Dmytro Paliiv.
Novyi Chas changed the trend from a radical to centrist and since 1925 the publication was associated with the Ukrainian National Democratic Alliance (UNDO). The editor remained Dmytro Paliiv.
Since 1926, Novyi Chas was purchased by a Ukrainian publisher Ivan Tiktor, who on its basis created a conglomerate of Ukrainian publication in East Galicia under the cumulative name The Ukrainian Press.
The last issue of Novyi Chas appeared on September 2, 1939.
The Tiktor family moved to Krakow.